Friday, March 6, 2009

Clean Day!!!

Much to my enjoyment, Amy and I spent the majority of yesterday planning, organizing, and executing our Spring Cleaning project. Amy isn't a big cleaning fan so this basically consisted of Amy organizing some drawers and stuff while I cleaned. I realized just how much alike my mother and I are in that we don't really like to have people around while we clean. I'm entirely too scatter brained and move from one project to the next without finishing it but with the intention on coming back to it in a minute. We have our ways! Don't even get me STARTED on how to correctly fold a towel. Regardless, I had a pretty large list and am surprised by how much we actually got accomplished. We eventually succumbed to "taking a break" which meant a lot of internet browsing and Tetris playing, and never returned to our cleaning list. So...I woke up early today, had a (veggie)sausage and biscuit, glass of oj, and pot of coffee and got back on track. There are quite a few things left to do (mainly sorting through piles of clothes!) but am pleased with the progress made today. I'm hoping that Amy will come home and be soooo excited that she will work her way through the rest of the list. (Hahaha...jk babe! I'm sure you have about 6 or 7 tabs already set up that are eagerly awaiting that left click button!)
Anyway...here are some pics that I decided to take since we have yet to post any of our home.


Traded in the bleach for my new fave cleaning products!


Our small but functional kitchen!(stove not pictured, but I guarantee you, like any good Mexicans we have the comal sitting on the burner. I never learned the english term for it so you'll have to "spanish to english translation" that one. Viva la raza!)


Our dining room used to have a dining table that we never in 6 months of living here have used. So we set up the desk yesterday. I love that it's facing the window.


The living room


I love the lockers that our '08 stimulus checks stand on!!!


Our very cluttered yet much loved books in all their glory. (Can you tell we love IKEA?)


We try to use our shopping bags as much as possible to reduce the amount of bags we waste/use. But we gotz ta look fly while we do it! Keep it Gangsta! HTX represent!!!

There are more but we'll forgo the bathroom, closet, and bed areas for now. I suppose I should try to finish things up a bit. Maybe walk down to Zupan's to pick a nice bouquet of flowers up for my lovely lady.

Skibs not ribs!
Amanda B.

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing pics of your place. I can just imagine the cursing that went on when putting all that Ikea furniture together.

    ReplyDelete