Monday, February 23, 2009

Life with an omnivore

So Amy had this idea that I should post what it's like living (and loving!) with an omnivore. I guess I got really lucky in the fact that she happens to eat a lot of vegetables. More so than I was actually eating, and I am the vegetarian. I was a really bad veggie though and mainly ate potatoes and fake meats. Now we eat much healthier and I think I've probably lost about 20 lbs? That's our guesstimation anyway. (Amy on the other hand has managed to gain a few pounds. I happen to think that she looks gorgeous but she's ready to get back to her old weight.) Anyway...I never really imagined myself dating a meat eater. Hahaha...I suppose I never really imagined myself "settling down" with a girl either but hey, that's the way life works out! I always tell her that she's everything I ever wanted in a partner, she just happens to come in different packaging. Back to the point (wow, this post has absolutely nothing to do with living with an omnivore so far...what a miserable attempt!) I'm just glad that she doesn't like bacon. Seriously, the smell of bacon makes me want to gag. The only meat she's ever cooked while I've been at home is scallops, calamari, and her White Castle burgers that she's obsessed with. She cooked the calamari tonight which really wasn't all that bothersome. I imagine she'll be eating a lot more of it now that she knows that I don't have a problem with it. Going out to eat is another story altogether. She looooves seafood. And she has a tendency to wanna eat fast food pretty often. (this will only increase when we move back home to Texas. One word...WHATABUUUURGER!) I dunno...for some reason the fact that she eats meat in no way affects how I feel about living with her. OH! It does piss me off whenever she eats meat and then tries to kiss me with little chunks of meat in her mouth. That's disgusting. Oh...or when she waves meat in my face. That's not very considerate either. Pretty much it's like living with a baby T-Rex.
RAWRRRRRR!



Love, Peace, and Tofu Grease!
Amanda!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I don't blog for a week and y'all have a million postings already.

    Oh yes, we are meat lovin seafood family. Wow, Amy sure has changed a lot since moving to Portland. She looks just like a dino :-) Cute post Amanda :-)

    Going to bed. I'll have to catch up on the blog later today. Hasta la pasta!

    ReplyDelete