Saturday, February 21, 2009

Never Once Settle Down!!!

So I called out sick today because I'm coming down with "the junk" that everyone's getting at work. Really it was Amy who got me sick, but she somehow managed to fight it off and I'm stuck here at home popping pills and drinking nasty tea. She will be here to care for me in a matter of 3 hours! and we will have a yummy dinner consisting of: green beans & crimini mushrooms sauteed in garlic (one of our faaaavorite dishes), one whole potato (split between the two of us), and steamed carrots and broccoli. I love the way we eat now. I would've never eaten this way had I not started dating Amy.

A few days ago we started talking about trying to wait it out a little longer in Portland. I'm really on the fence about this one. There will be a number of things that I will miss if we move back to Houston. I mean real, legitimate things that we would look for in a city that we were planning to live in for the rest of our lives. Things like: Amazing weather, bicycle & pedestrian friendliness, public transportation (which, by the way, I don't think many major cities can even hold a match to), and of course...food carts. On the other hand, this city lacks a lot of things that we would be able to have back home! Which consist of, but are not limited to: family, friends, no state tax, familiarity, security, job opportunity, stability, and of course...mexican food. The majority of the things on that list are things that I think we could find here, given an ample amount of time and an overall improvement in the economy but I don't know that I want to live here for much longer. Oh yeah...and there's no thunder here!!! What is that about???

I guess the important thing is that I've found the person that I want to settle down with and now it's just a matter of finding the place to settle. Which brings me to my next point...where did this term "settle down" come from? I in NO way consider myself to be settling. We have a great life, we enjoy each others company, we laugh, we argue but know that in the end things will work themselves out, and we have goals we've set for ourselves, both as a couple and individually. If anything I think I traded up, son!

So, I will leave you with this as I take my tea and watch a movie until my love arrives to entertain me. Mates of State are amaaaaazing live and I only posted this video because I think it's pretty and I like the song. Also, I think Kori looks really pretty but where did her eyebrows go? Really happy that they incorporated the horns in the end. Typically this is a husband and wife act, but they added Lewis and
Anton Patzner (from Judgement Day) specifically for instrumentals. I would've posted "Hoarding It for Home" (the inspiration for this posts title) but there were only live versions of it and those are kinda weird. So here we go...

Mates of State - My Only Offer



ok...here's a live version of Hoarding It for Home. Just in case you feel like seeing them in action. Really folks, few bands are as amazing as they are live.

Mates of State - Hoarding it for Home


Besos,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment